Friday 27 August 2010

Veronica Falls -Beachy Head 7" & Found Love in a Graveyard 7"


Beachy Head b/w Staying here is the latest 7" release from Veronica Falls it has a more shoegaze feel to it than their early 7" release Found Love in a Graveyard (See Below) which had a more twee feel to it. The twee sound is still in there, but it's not as prominent as with the first single. I just wish they'd record more but I'm okay with the few recordings they have because they are really good. Also, they're pretty neat live.


I first heard these guys thanks to Katy and her being from Camden (London) and knowing all the hip bands. She sent me this which I believe is the American version of the single, the British one is backed with the track Stephen, but I don't have that version. I really enjoyed them, then I seen them live and enjoyed them even more.
They also hail from Glasgow, you know the place that produced their biggest influences THE PASTELS.
So if you like The Pastels, and other C86 influenced music, then I'd say you'd probably enjoy these cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment