Saturday 29 October 2011

A Lull - Confetti [2011]


Apparently I missed out on this gem. Everyone kept asking if I had heard it, I had not. So I got round to getting it, and well. I must say if you missed this gem, I suggest you fix that error.

From their last.fm because it does a better job describing than I could.
Chicago’s A Lull is nearly impossible to describe without qualifiers. Equal parts mystical and primal, the music crafted by these five multi-instrumentalists gathers the recognizable traits of a half dozen indie micro-genres, tosses out all but the stem cells, then adds the calculated, percussive verve of a half dozen rhythm sections on top of beautifully crafted songwriting to result in a sound that is as unique as it is memorable. A Lull blurs the lines between the synthesized and organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment